It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year!

That's right! It's Christmas time! That special time of year when tacky, awful, wonderful sweaters are seen in abundance throughout the land! However, as much as I'd like to jump into flamingo Santas  and dogs stripped of their dignity, I'd be remiss if I didn't give a quick shout out to my Jewish friends first. After all it's the second night of Hanukkah and that menorah is burning brightly...

really, really brightly...from the chest. Jewish folk, you may not have as many tacky holiday sweaters as we gentiles, but when you do one up, you make us all proud.



CustomSweaters.com
*Sigh.*
I can't bring myself to make fun of these. The lady that creates them does so via custom orders. Each one is handmade per customer specifications and, AND, she happily makes custom UGLY sweaters if that's what you request. How awesome is that? Well, let me tell you, it's pretty dang awesome.  Her favorite ugly sweater will most definitely be featured in a future post. If you want a custom piece, they don't come cheap, but they're 'heirloom quality,' and heirloom hilarious.

OK, so technically, it's not Hanukkah, and as far as the political stuff related to this sweater, I'm not touching it with a ten foot Festivus pole, but if you happen to swing left of center, want to show your continued support for the Pres, and like discussing politics while passing the latkes, well, this one's for you!

I know. It's not a sweater, but...

Bonobos
I couldn't sit back and in good conscience, not post these. "Pants of David." PANTS. OF. DAVID. Yes, that's the actual name...and I think they pair perfectly with...

CatsFive Flickr
...this. If that face doesn't say "Happy Hanukkah," I don't know what does! Probably the one on the menorah, though that face might just say something like "MARGLEGARGEHARG!!" while waving around its crazy flaming arms.

OK, I'll admit, I'm getting out of my element here. I'm no stranger to Deuteronomy, but I didn't realize how involved this particular practice might be. I certainly didn't know there was the possibility of special clothes. However, if you're looking for a gift that's most definitely kosher and a little...uh, I was going to say unorthodox, but in this instance, I think that's entirely the opposite of what's going on here...

Oy! I don't know, this is making me all meshuga. You can order it here at LevineJudica.com

Anyway, Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate this beautiful festival of lights. Shalom to you and yours.

Comments

The Best of The Ugly Sweater