STAR WARS

 NOT SO LONG AGO ON A BLOG NOT SO FAR AWAY...

Welcome to The Ugly Sweater. My name is Elizabeth, and I love Star Wars. I'm not ashamed,, and I'm not seeking help. I'd be more likely to seek a convention. I'm proud of my affection for a galaxy far, far away. Darth,Obi-Wan,Yoda, Luke, Leia, Han Solo... 

 mmm... Han Solo...
er, wha? Got distracted there for a minute. Oh... right, yeah not the time. Move along, move along...

Pinterest
*waves hand*  "These are not the droids the looking for. You don't need to see his identification." Yeah... you don't need to see his identification. You can rest assured he's a card carrying member of the 501st. 
A man that wears a droid on his chest keeps his love for all things Star Wars close to his heart... literally.

wonder land blog
Of course, a man that wears a droid on his...er, unmentionables, probably keeps his love for Star Wars somewhere other than his heart.

Or, in the words of R2D2 "Beep, beep, beep, whirl, WEEEEEE OOOOOOO! ...Beep!"

How to carve roast unicorn
Ah younglings... they're so adorable before they turn to the Dark Side and start killing everyone. Fresh off a pod race, young Anakin here settles in for quiet evening of droid building and slavery in his favorite sweater of indeterminate trilogy.

Once again, everyone's favorite R2 unit comes along for the fun!

 mtv geek
Of course, not everyone's a fan of droids, or Han Solo for that matter... UNLESS HE'S FROZEN IN CARBONITE!
If that's the case, then this crochetted Boba Fett helmet is perfect for you!

mtv geek
Or perhaps you prefer your Star Wars related mayhem to be somewhat more primitive and nondiscriminatory in target, then you can do no better than this classic Tusken Raider.

crafty crafty
"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time." ...A Jedi's lightsaber is like a part of their being, an extension of their own connection to the force... each one unique, each one a reflection of its creator. A reflection of its creator... which would lead one to believe she's rather warm and fuzzy. However, that face she's sporting is straight up "A New Hope" Leia, the kind that says, "back off flyboy! I've got a soft, cuddly lightsaber, and I'm not afraid to use it!"  Granted, it is excellently crafted, and I'm sure the knitter's midi-chlorian count is through the roof, but unless you're sparring Darth Nerf, I don't think it's going to do you much good against a Sith Lord.

 twenty two words
D'aaaaaw! There's nothing more precious than the smiling, plushie faces of our favorite Star Wars characters. Look at that Ewok! Look at that Yoda! Look at that Wookie... DO YOU EVEN SEE THAT WOOKIE AND HOW ADORABLE HE IS? DO YOU? I bet there's a set of these in the Jedi Academy... just you know, keep an eye on the kid that gravitates to Vader.

oh yes I knit
Yoda, you seek Yoda! Thankfully, I've found him. A man who knits... knit this life-sized, pint-sized Jedi. I think we can all agree, the force is strong in this one. Yoda's still in progress here, obviously, since his feet are missing, but how totally force is this?! I've got great respect for anyone who can knit such an accurate depiction of that wizened visage.


"Luminous beings we are, not this crude material"
(Granted, Yoda was speaking of flesh vs force, but I think it can apply equally to a nicely worsted yarn.)


oh yes I knit


oh yes I knit

 hooked on books
Knit one, purl a small thermal exhaust port right below the main port...


Zazzle
 "Impressive. Most impressive."

Comments

The Best of The Ugly Sweater