Edible Sweater Goodness

Image from the cookie cutter shop. com


You know the old saying "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!" well, that seems to be the mantra of the Christmas sweater...for years, it was "there is no way I would be caught dead in that thing" until it was realized what a terrific theme it would make...and viola! love.

However, let's try on a new mantra and see if it fits as good as that nifty Frosty and Santa knitwear..."if you can't beat 'em, eat 'em!" That's right! Sweater edibles!!! Now you can decorate your body from the inside out!

Image by Custom Creative Cakes by Barrie and Susannah.

The presentation, the delicate frosting work, the absolute authenticity! I don't think I've ever seen a lovelier garment based baked good! Really, that decorative frosting is amazing. The detail achieved is awesome. I love how the chocolate frosting even has a weave pattern! No detail was left unattended, notice the tag in the collar...someone's setting the gold standard...and I think it's Barrie and Susannah.


Image by Mary on Picasa Web Albums.

Mary is a genius. I love the fact that she's made my favorite wearable decoration into a delicious holiday treat! I can see the sweater knitters right now gleaning ideas from her edible artworks! Soon you'll be able to buy "yellow rain hat snowman" or "festively oversized tree" in actual sweater form I'm sure! Still there is one cookie on that tray that my mind didn't immediately accept. I kept saying..."what in the heck is she getting at here?" I then realized I am an idiot...and this quickly became my favorite cookie.


"Anti 'L'?" "Say no to 'L'?" *scratches head, reads original caption, loathes self* "No 'L'..." "NOEL!!!"
Brilliant.


Image by Joe Pastry

This is quite an offering! You've got trees, snowmen, candy canes, a little chef guy, and more...but I'm here to talk about that guy in the middle. That's no ordinary gingerbread man, according to Joe, that's the big guy himself! S.Claus in cookie form...and what's he doing out of uniform? He's kicking back in a cozy, comfy, Christmas sweater. Just look at his face, his eyes practically scream relaxation. I bet Mrs. Claus monogrammed that up just for him!


Image from random internet source that I forgot.

Now, this isn't technically something you can eat, but since you can't put a sweater on a liquid...well, I guess you
could, but then you'd have a sopping wet...gross...sweater. Anyway, check this out, you can still make your holiday mug of hot chocolate a bit more festive or turn that wassail into something even Scrooge couldn't resist (especially for the low, low price of $9.95!). How you ask? Simple, with the Christmas sweater koozie! Stick an enchanted Christmas tree applique on that sucker for a real holiday treat!

Joyeux Noël


(I'm totally making those sweater cookies.)

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh goodness. They've taken ugly sweaters and made them edible. Why? lol

The Best of The Ugly Sweater